SANTA ANA DOG BITE LAWYERS
ATTACKED BY A DOG? CALL KAL ATTORNEYS!
Dog attacks are a cause of serious injury across the U.S. According to the Insurance Information Institute (III) and State Farm, homeowners insurance companies paid out $675 million in liability claims related to dog bites and related injuries in 2018. California led the nation with the highest number of dog bite claims, at 2,166.
If you or someone you love was bitten by a dog, you have the right to pursue compensation from the dog's owner, or another at-fault party. Our Santa Ana dog bite lawyers can help you understand your rights and seek the justice you deserve.
AFTER A DOG BITE
If you were attacked by a dog, there are a few steps you can take to protect your health and your ability to pursue maximum compensation for your injuries. Every case is different, so the following are meant to be a general guideline.
If you or someone you know was bitten by a dog:
- Seek medical care (even a minor bite could become infected)
- Try to figure out who owns the dog
- Identify the insurance coverage (this includes yours and the negligent party’s)
- File a complaint with animal control and law enforcement
- Preserve evidence (clothes, photos of your injuries, the attack location, etc.)
- Find witnesses and get their contact information
- Document your recovery (via medical reports, a personal journal, etc.)
- Consult with a personal injury attorney so you are aware of all of your options and can ensure your best interests remain protected
CALIFORNIA DOG BITE LAWS
Because California is a “statutory strict liability state,” you do not have to prove negligence or fault to file a lawsuit and recover compensation. All that must be established is that you were bitten in a public place or lawfully in a private place. If you were not trespassing or provoking the dog, the owner is strictly liable for the damages the dog caused.
DOG BITE INJURIES
Common injuries you can experience after a dog attack include puncture wounds, lacerations, contusions, infections, fractures, serious head and face injuries, and in some extreme cases, loss of limbs and permanent disfigurement. These kinds of attacks can also bring on negative mental and emotional effects. If you were injured, you deserve the chance to fight for damages that could include past and future medical treatment expenses, loss of past and future wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and possibly other damages, such as loss of consortium.
Our Santa Ana dog bite injury attorneys are here to help you develop a clear and compelling claim that presents evidence of your injuries, so we can pursue full compensation on your behalf.
For your free dog bite case evaluation, call KAL Attorneys at (714) 881-7300! We look forward to seeing how we can help.